Friday, August 26, 2011

Free Fallin'

Who knew running could be so bad for your health?  I think I mentioned that I am training for my first 1/2 marathon to take place in November and training was going well.  So, Lanaea and I met at the dam at 5am on Thursday to complete our 4 mile run for the day.  We had just finished crossing the dam and were running to our turn around when it happened.  It was dark and the pavement uneven and I just caught my toe right on a raised place and down I went.  I honestly don't remember exactly what happened but I do know I slammed down on my left shoulder and then slid down the pavement.  How do I know that?  The extreme pain in my shoulder that requires stabilization with a sling and this:

 Nice, huh?  I am hoping for a speedy recovery so I can get back out there and start training again!

No comments:

Post a Comment