Friday, July 29, 2011

Life is a Highway

Here is a list of some of the things I have learned so far since my return to running:
  1. Every mile is different.
  2. I may never be first, but some will never even start (new t-shirt idea?).
  3. Running IS a social sport.
  4. I actually miss running when I don't go.
  5. I am my best motivator and my worst detractor.
  6. Music helps.  A lot.
  7. I need reflective gear.
  8. You can get a contact high running in my neighborhood.
  9. Running in the rain is awesome. 
  10. Running in the lightning is not awesome.
  11. Starting a run before the sun comes up really makes the rest of the day brighter.
  12. Tis better to run than yell OR running can really improve my mood ;)
  13. I need new running shoes.
  14. If you try to run to meet the standards of others, you will always fail.  You must run for yourself.
  15. Potato soup and running aren't the best companions.

No comments:

Post a Comment